Why companies and organizations should measure sustainability performance?
A sustainable business model understands the long-term mindset, eliminates risks, sustains profitable growth and reacts efficiently to the rapidly changing world. Moreover, companies and organizations sustainability policies consist of a range of sustainable activities and goals but when it comes to creating a holistic view of the sustainability performance, it might be challenging without a simple and understandable measurement system.
Why companies and organizations should measure their sustainability performance? Please find here five reasons to start measuring today:
1. Track progress with up-to-date data
2. Show impacts by knowing where you operate
3. Sustain profitable growth by attracting impact investors
4. Engage stakeholders inside and outside your organization
5. Communicate transparently of performance with timely data
And remember, done is better than perfect!